Skip to main content

Featured

Kethel's Fried Chicken ,Trivandrum origin spicy chicken fry, Deep Fry Them

KETHEL CHICKEN DEEP FRY THEM Being born to a business man ,we never had any family trips. My father is always busy with his work  ,but he use to take us for dinners in hotels  at least twice a month. He teach me how to use a fork ,gave the chance to choose from menu and make us try different food. I am talking about pre-Covid story .This pandemic turns everything upside down. One day he said he will take us to a hotel where they serve small chickens. When it came to the table it fascinates me. It is really  small. It was decades before and i was young to realize its quails. But wasn't fascinated by eating it. So so spicy .The hotel wont serve normal waters with it ,they serve lemonade .What happened finally was we parcel the leftovers. It is Kethel's Chicken ,the famous chicken fry with spicy dry chili from Hotel  Rahmanyia. Hotel Rahmaniya is a chain of hotels in Trivandrum,they first launch this spicy and delicious famous chicken fry. This hotel was established way back in 19

CLASSIC BEEF LASANGA CHEESE LOADED TRADITIONAL ITALIAN CUISINE

  CLASSIC BEEF LASANGA

DEEP FRY THEM

classic beef lasagna


Being an Indian I was so fascinated about the foreign cuisines. The ways of presentation, minimal in ingredients and of course the flavors.  Flavor in fact, if it is a fish cuisine we will get the exact taste of the fish. I never meant the raw taste but not overloaded with spices. I have recipe like that less spices but full of flavor .Check my Greek Style calamari . I am a fan of Master Chef Show .The intension in watch this show was to know more about foreign cuisines. Now am here with a traditional Italian feast dish which they never miss on Christmas and Easter table. A dish which is loaded with three types of cheese and tender sheets of pasta smoothened with beef and tomato puree .Yes it’s Classic Beef Lasagna.  Lasagna is a quintessential comfort food a little time consuming but it’s worth the wait.

 
beef lasagna

First time I heard about this cheesy dish was when we visited Himachal .It was written everywhere in the street shop. My husband is so font of foreign food and he described about Lasagna. It stayed in my mind for a long time and later tried from a famous cafĂ© in my home town. But I never through I will cook it once. This is my second time making Lasagna. First I tried it with chicken, now with beef. There is nothing nutrition about it just fatty cheesy layer of pasta.  Till some point I won’t bother about this nutritional content .I just eat tasty food. So let’s come to the point .How to make Classic Beef Lasagna?  It has a bit long steps.

Pasta


pasta dough

My first attempt was with homemade pasta sheets. It will be fresh and you don’t need a pasta machine, just rolling pin, cutting knife and a clean surface to knead .Believe me it was more satisfying. It is just three ingredient, flour, salt and egg. You need to rest the sheet for at least half an hour and cook for just five minutes. But here i use readymade pasta sheets which are available in any store. You don’t have need to cook pasta cook like we do in noodles. Because we need to bake it once layered.

Cheese

You can use a cheese of your choice as available. Ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella, cream cheese ,pizza cheese ,parmesan cheese   anything of your choice. There is something special about these delicious layers melting together in mouth.

Meat Layers.

grounded beef

I proudly say I am a Non –vegetarian. So I happy with any choice of meat. If you are using a rotisserie chicken then just shred it. However if u are using frozen or fresh chicken cook it seasoning with salt and pepper .I her use grounded beef meat.

For Beef Layer

Minced beef-1 Cup

Salt –as needed

Pepper- 1 tbsp

Olive oil-2 tbsp

Onion-3nos

Bell pepper-1 cup

Cook this entire ingredient and keep it aside for layering.


classic beef lasagna

 
Sauce.

Two layers of sauce are added in Lasagna .Alfredo sauce and Tomato puree. You can use marinara and tomato puree for the layers. Alfredo sauce is a white creamy sauce made with butter, corn starch, milk and mozzarella cheese seasoned with pepper, oregano and salt.

  For Tomato marinara sauce

Tomato puree-6 nos

Salt-1 tbsp

Pepper powder- 1 tbsp

Sugar- 1 tbsp

Oregano-1/2 tbsp

Theme-2 pinch

Rosemary-2 pinch

Tomato ketchup-2 tbsp

Chili flakes

 

classic beef lasagna

For White sauce

Butter-1 big cube

Chopped Garlic cloves- 4

Corn starch-1 Tbsp

Milk -1 cup

Mozzarella cheese- 3 Tbsp


classic beef lasagna

How it is done?

Lasagna sheet-appox 8 sheets –as above said cook the sheet for five minutes and keep it for layering. The layers may stick together so keep it separately.

Now you can start layering. Grease the baking pan and layer white sauce, tomato sauce then meat mixture above it the cooked lasagna sheets .Add Cheese in between every layer. You can layer it in the same manner .You can decide how many layers as your wish. On the top layer put some seasoning spices such as oregano and them then bake it at 250 degree for 30 minutes total. Here is our Classic Beef Lasagna. Hope this information is an inspiration for making Lasagna.

 

 

classic beef lasagna

 

 

 

 For video reference 


 For more updates follow me on my Instagram

You can all pin me at Pinterest

Follow me in Facebook

Comments

Post a Comment